IT GOVERNANCE IN THE AGE OF COVID 19
DATE: 19 – 21 OCTOBER 2020 | From 12:00 to 14:00 LEBANON TIME / GMT+3
With the uncertainty we are living in these days, economy going down, not know when it will start recovering, budget is kept for only the survival matters, is it the right time to talk about IT governance!?
Well, it is true that the economy is going down, all businesses almost and in all countries are affected, cost cutting mode is not enough more, survival mode might be the right description of today’s situation. But are the major headlines for having business surviving? cost cutting? Offering online services? Looking for new technological ways to solve business issues? digital transformation?
Will we be able to survive, will we be able to put digital transformation if we cannot ensure getting the full value from our IT related investment? How can we ensure that we are fully efficient in all our IT expenses? How can we address the emerging risks?
The answer is to have an end to end (covering all levels in the organization, from board to the executive management, and to IT Operations and management).
This workshop aims to:
- raise awareness and providing participants with in-depth knowledge aimed at building solid information and technology governance by explaining the principles, standards and best practices, as well as reviewing practical cases.
- Drive the digital transformation by adopting a robust IT governance framework
- Coming out with a clear vision of information and technology governance that will help in adopting it and establishing regulatory controls in this field.
- Raising awareness for members of bank boards of directors and executive team.
- Familiarity with governance standards and their applications, which helps boards of directors and executive management each to carry out their respective role.
- Managers and heads of units of departments.
- Personnel in the field of information and computer management.
- Managers and staff of operating and customer service departments.
- Web site supervisors and those involved in knowledge management and electronic management.
- Personnel in information security departments.
- Personnel in legal departments.
- Personnel in the Compliance Department.
- Personnel in risk management.
- Personnel in the Internal Audit Department.
Main Topics and Agenda:
Early Signs of Poor (or lack of) IT governance
The basis of IT governance
The business – Information and Technology alignment challenges
The State of IT Governance Survey
Realizing the expected Benefit from IT related investment
The Full economic life cycle of IT enabled investment
Developing IT strategy
Improving Cyber security Capability in Information and Technology Governance framework
IT Governance quick wins and challenges
The IT governance and the digital transformation
Design factors for successful IT governance implementation
The State of IT Governance Survey results and discussion
IT Governance Industry Practices, Standards and Frameworks
The IT Governance and the IT Audit
IT governance Performance Measurement Techniques
SPEAKER : MR. ABDO CHALHOUB, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT FOR EPMO AND ICT PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AT PATH SOLUTIONS.
• Holder of an Electrical Engineering degree, in addition to COBIT 2019, CGEIT, CISA, CISM, CDPSE, CSX, PMP, PRINCE2 Foundation professional certifications
• Abdo has over 30 years of experience in managerial ICT positions in international and regional markets. He previously held senior positions at Cisco Systems – USA, UNDP Lebanon and Texas Instruments-PACC Lebanon.
• Former President of ISACA Lebanon Chapter, he is currently a Board Member.
• Over 10 years instructor at the Lebanese American University (LAU) in Beirut-Lebanon, courses covered Information Security Management and Information System Auditing.
• Accredited trainer and public speaker in international, regional, and local conferences organized by the Union of Arab Banks, Lebanese Association of Banks, Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie, Lebanese American University (LAU), American University of Beirut (AUB), Institute for Finance and Governance of École Supérieure des Affaires (ESA), ISACA, PMI, and others on a variety of topics including IT Governance, IT Management, Information Security, Cybersecurity, ISO 27001, Project
Management and many others.
• Accredited trainer for IT Governance (CGEIT, COBIT 2019 and COBIT 5), information Systems Auditing (CISA), and Information Security Management (CISM).