STRATEGIC PLANNING & CRISES MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY IN COVID-19 ERA
DATE: 1 – 4 MARCH 2021 | From 16:00 to 19:00 LEBANON TIME / GMT+2
Covid-19 pandemic stroke the world like a thunderstorm without any prior notice and humanity was not prepared for such a hit that would reshuffle the whole human practices and habits at all levels not only during the pandemic period but rather on the long run. Even studies talk about living with Covid-19 for ever!
What about the business world? The world economy is facing a serious crisis; some businesses vanished, others are changing their business model. What about the financial market? To what extent banks have been affected, regarding the services rendered to the economy as well as with their internal processes and standard procedures.
Is Digital Transformation the solution? What are the technological, security and cultural constraints to a widespread deployment of digitization? Are we heading to a paperless banking system with people meeting on-line?
Does standard Business Continuity Management methodology still valid? The concept of a remote business continuity site still provides the proper assurance? What is the next normal? Are jobs requiring physical human interaction affected? May they disappear to leave room for another type of interaction?
This workshop aims to:
• Share lessons learned from the disruption caused by the pandemic crisis
• Identify the major changes to be applied on the banking business model from a strategic and operational perspective, in order to cope with the world situation post covid-19.
• Tackle the Digital Transformation horizon with the added values and hinders.
• Initiate the audience to a more agile Business Continuity Management System.
• Highlight the expected change in the employment market.
• Professionals, Managers, directors and heads of units/departments in:
– Information & Technology management.
– Operation and customer services departments.
– Information security department.
– legal department.
– Compliance department.
– Risk management.
– Internal audit department.
• Boards of directors’ members and executive team.
المواضيع الرئيسية والبرنامج الزمني:
• The Importance of Strategic Planning in the banking industry:
– Reaching objectives while managing risks.
• How COVID-19 crisis affected the normal operation of business/ economy /business environment
• Banking and financial services – The new reality
• Business continuity Survey.
• Digital transformation,the top pandemic winner:
• How COVID-19 crisis affected the Corporate governance / Strategy and Practices)
• Customers’ products and services v/s customers’ culture
• Management and Operational layer Internal processes and workforce resistance to change.
Business Continuity Management : Conventional v/s The new reality
•Business continuity Management : New threats and the need for agility
• Between the IT Governance and the Digital Transformation
• Cyber security the new reality: challenges and solutions
• Post COVID-19 trends: Agility in business, zero code development, working from home.
• Business continuity Survey results and discussion
• The effect of the current crisis on the job security/unemployment: disappearance of some jobs and creation of others.
MR. ABDO CHALHOUB,
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT FOR EPMO AND ICT PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AT PATH SOLUTIONS.
Abdo has over 30 years of experience in managerial ICT and executive management positions in international and regional markets. He previously held senior positions at Cisco Systems – USA, UNDP and Texas Instruments-PACC Lebanon. Former President of ISACA Lebanon Chapter, currently Board Member. Instructor at École Supérieure des Affaires (ESA). – Institute for Finance and Governancefor IT Governance (COBIT 2019). Over 10 years instructor at the Lebanese American University (LAU) in Beirut-Lebanon, courses covered Information Security Management and Information System Auditing. Public speaker in international, regional, and local conferences organized by the Union of Arab Banks, Lebanese Association of Banks, AgenceUniversitaire de la Francophonie, Lebanese American University (LAU), American University of Beirut (AUB), Institute for Finance and Governance of École Supérieure des Affaires (ESA), ISACA, PMI, and others on a variety of topics including IT Governance, IT Management, Information Security, Cybersecurity, ISO 27001, Project Management and many others. Holder of an Electrical Engineering degree, accredited trainer for IT Governance (CGEIT, COBIT 2019 and COBIT 5), Information Security Management (CISM) andInformation Systems Auditing (CISA),in addition to the professional certifications: CDPSE (Data Privacy), CSX (CyberSecurity), PMP and PRINCE2 Foundation (Project Management).
MR. ADEL MOUBARAK
Adel Moubarak holds business computing and business administration degrees, and he graduated in 2018 from ESA Beirut from the EMBA program accredited by ESCP Europe. He is certified in IT Audit (CISA) and Security Management (CISM) as well as in Enterprise IT Governance (CGEIT). He has around 36 years of experience in IT ranging from Operations to Management. Presently, he is in charge ofSecurity and Business Continuity Management for Fransabank Group. He has a considerable experience in public speaking/training. He presented in New York, Dubai, Cairo, Damascus and Lebanon in different events organized by ISACA international, UAB, ABL and Marcus Evans, on a variety of topics including Cyber Security, IT audit, BCP, IT Quality Assurance and IT governance. Since 16 years now, he is one of the main instructors for the CISA, CISM and CGEIT review courses delivered by the CEP of Lebanese American University and other training institutions in Beirut and in collaboration with ISACA. He is the founding president of ISACA Lebanon, and he has been on board for around 18 years.