THE ARAB BANKING CYBER SECURITY FORUM 2nd edition
We live in a time surrounded by a lot of strangeness and cruelty, as the threats of cyber-piracy have become a worrying concern for individuals as well as for private and governmental institutions, and the search for ways to confront them has become a preoccupation for cyber security workers.
In fact, hardly a day goes by without hearing about new cyber challenges and cyber-hacking operations around the world such as new hacking groups, new cybercrime groups, new ransomware, spearfishing attacks, and more.
Undoubtedly, the Middle East and Arab countries are not an exception, as they are experiencing daily different kinds of threats, just to mention some like distributed denial of service, spear-phishing attacks, Credit Card Fraud, and others.
The gap between motivated threat actors and security professionals has significantly grown and the traditional security solutions and controls are no longer sufficient to effectively protect the business.
The Union of Arab Banks (UAB) is pleased to organize a cyber-forum event in October in Beirut; whereas experts from the region will be joining the live audiences to share their expertise, know-how and to recommend adequate solutions for the changing threat landscape.
UAB selected Beirut – Lebanon purposely for this cyber security event simply because Beirut is the capital of knowledge and talented people. Moreover, Beirut still attracts international and regional speakers and regional audiences for its notable cultural role, charm, hospitality, and weather.
This forum intends, through a high-level professional mobilization, to raise awareness and deepen the knowledge of cyber security staff members in Arab banks and financial institutions about the modern technologies used by hackers and the new recommended solutions to mitigate the risks
Participants will have exposure to the latest technologies and solutions in cybersecurity and will benefit from the exchange of experiences between experts and specialists in this field at the Arab and international levels, which raises the efficiency of the Arab banking system and keeps it up to date.
Module 1: Risk Management
- AI for Cyber Security and Risk Management.
- BCP -Impact of fuel shortage on bank’s resilience and possible solutions
- Digital Transformation and API Threats and controls
- Vendor risk management: finding partners you can trust.
- Work from home- Security challenges and opportunities
Module 2: Modern Security architecture
- Zero trust cyber security architecture of the future
- Zero trust architecture -Tenets and logical components
- Zero trust implementation and infrastructure requirements
- Zero trust-Segmentation and Micro-segmentation
- Threats associated with zero trust architecture
- Identity management to mitigate cyber security risks
- Managing cloud security
- SOC and Shift to proactive intelligence response
- Deception technology
Module 3: Threat Intelligence
- Dark web threat hunting
- Financial institutions cyber readiness in post-pandemic World
- Ransomware threat-detection, response, and recovery
- Threat hunting and automation
- Threat intelligence and MISP (Malware Information Sharing Platform)
- Today’s cyber-attacks: what we all should be ready for
- Evolution of the threat landscape and forecasts
Module 4: Compliance
- Systems hardening recommended benchmarks and tools
- MITRE Attack and D3fense frameworks
- Impact of Standards and guidelines on enhancing the security posture
- CIS V8 top 20 cyber security controls
In this unique professional forum and the first of its kind in the Arab world, a distinguished elite group of experts, specialists, and senior officials in cyber security from various Arab banks and specialized international institutions will be participating.