THE RISK OF EMPLOYING FINTECH IN MONEY LAUNDERING& TERRORISM FINANCING & HOW TO COMBAT THEM
DATE: 16 – 18 NOVEMBER 2020 | From 12:00 to 15:00 LEBANON TIME / GMT+2
The tremendous development of FINTECH services and the entry of companies specializing in modern payment systems and electronic banking into this financial and technological field has allowed these companies to provide innovative solutions for financial services and activities that mimic what the banking sectors offer and may seek to act as an alternative to banks, which may lead to the possibility of using FINTECH in money laundering and terrorism funding operations, which is a source of concern for banks and regulatory authorities, particularly Anti-money laundering and terrorist funding agenesis. Hence the importance of this course organized by the Union of Arab Banks through visual on-line communication, which highlights the dangers of using modern financial technology in money laundering and terrorist funding and ways to combat it.
• Learn about financial technology categories and tools and how their models work
• Identify means of money laundering and terrorist funding through financial technology.
• How to control mobile payment against the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing
• Learn about international financial technology laws in the combating money laundering and terrorist funding.
• Identify compliance programs for anti-money laundering and terrorist funding screening.
• Financial technology – categories, tools, and mechanism of action
• Introduction – Money laundering and terrorist financing through financial technology
• Mobile payment – the risks of money laundering and terrorist funding
• Financial technology – anti-money laundering and terrorist funding laws
• Financial Technology – Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist funding Compliance Program
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior management, IT management managers and staff, managers and staff of operating, service, customer service, compliance, internal and external audit, risk management and information security.
- The material is in English.
- The presentations are in English and Arabic
MR. NADER QAHOUCH
• He is currently working as a central banking executive with the Pragma Corporation, Pragma is the executive arm of the U.S. Aid Agency and The United Kingdom’s International Development Agency- UK.
• He worked at the Central Bank of Jordan for 25 years until 1 January 2020, and during the last decade he has served as Head of Examiners of the Banking Supervision sector for IT risk and governance.
• CEO since 2008 for many international projects in the development of the control environment and legislation governing the banking sector in cooperation with the central banks of Sudan, Yemen, Libya, Bahrain, Kuwait, the United Kingdom and Russia.
• Author of the Arabic titled book “internet Banking” published by The Arab Scientific Publisher in Beirut in 2000.
• Trainer and lecturer at local, Arab and international conferences on banking legislation, control, risk management, auditing and governance since 2005.
For more information and registration kindly send an email to :email@example.com