CYBER SECURITY IN THE BANKING PROFESSION
Date: 07-08 June 2021 | From 12:00 to 15:00 LEBANON TIME / GMT+3
With the complexity of the fields of the banking profession that carries with it the risk of penetrating the bank’s information technology system, and to ensure the safety of banking operations, the need to rely on cyber security increases and more serious efforts must be made to create flexible business environments on the Internet.
• By this training course, we are providing an introduction about the major pillars of cybersecurity and cyber-resiliency for getting a clue about the areas to focus on when building a cybersecurity program for the institution.
• In addition, Cyber security, IT, and business professionals will have a comprehensive view of existing standards, best practices and frameworks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Remote workers, especially those who use personal devices such as smart phones and home computers.
• Managers and key personnel in the Information Technology Department.
• Managers and key personnel in the Internal Audit Department
• Personnel in managing operational risks
• Specialists in information security and cyber security
• Information technology auditors
MR. AHMED ELAYYAN, Head of the Financial Cybersecurity Emergency Response Team (FinCERT) – Central Bank of Jordan.
Mr. Ahmed is responsible for developing and implementing sectoral cybersecurity framework and programs, and effectively response to cybersecurity incidents based on information reported by the industry.
Mr. Ahmed is a senior cybersecurity, cyber risk management, and digital forensic investigation professional with more than fifteen years of experience. Ahmed also is a key member of various teams and committees that work on the digital transformation of the Jordanian economy and FinTech incubation.
TOPICS & AGENDA:
1- DATA & INFORMATION PROTECTION
Security objectives and procedures that ensure protecting data and information
2- CYBERSECURITY CONTROLS
Cybersecurity management, operational and technical controls
3- CYBERSECURITY OVERSIGHT AND GOVERNANCE
Recommended organizational governance models for implementing and managing a cybersecurity program
4- CYBER THREAT LANDSCAPING
Understanding emerging and targeted cyber threats in financial industry
1- CYBER RISK MANAGEMENT
Cyber risk management process and cyber risk assessment, analysis and treatment
2- BUSINESS CONTINUITY AND DISASTER RECOVERY
Define procedures needed to manage a disruptive interruption and to restore or reestablish business processes and operations to acceptable levels
3- INCIDENT MANAGEMENT AND RESPONSE PLANNING
Define an incident management process, and procedures needed to respond to & resolve incidents
4- CLOUD, DIGITAL ONBOARDING, AND MOBILE BANKING SECURITY
• Identify, assess, manage and mitigate cloud risks
• Security measures and controls to protect digital onboarding process, and exchanged information and payments initiated by mobile applications, from cyber risks and malicious activities