Internal Auditing in a Post Covid-19 Era
DATE: 25 –27 August 2020 | From 15:00 – 18:00 LEBANON TIME / GMT +3
This course focuses on the new trends in the internal audit landscape, shedding light on the new emerging technologies and how they are impacting the role of internal audit both on an assurance and consultancy level.
The course focuses on the key challenges facing the profession in a Post Covid-19 era with a specific focus on new Internal Audit approaches such as Agile Auditing. The program also addresses the Internal Audit Methodology customized to the uncertain times which many organizations are going through.
On a soft skills level, the course address the key successful attributes that internal audit practitioners need to obtain and further focuses on the skill sets required to be acquired collectively on behalf of the internal audit function to ensure it adequately services its stakeholders.
- Identify challenges facing the internal audit profession in a post Covid-19 era.
- Provide practitioners with a high-level overview about agile auditing.
- Provide an overview of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Address key topics regarding the importance of soft skills in the internal audit profession.
- Provide an overview of the Internal Audit Methodology with specific examples on further practical enhancements that can be adopted by practitioners.
- Address key challenges faced by practitioners as it relates to report writing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Managers and employees of audit departments and internal control.
- Managers and employees of financial departments.
- Internal Audit & Artificial Intelligence
- Agile Auditing
- Data analytics to add value
- Internal Audit & Working from Home
- The evolving nature of the Internal Audit Profession
- Auditing Governance, Strategy & Culture – The cornerstone of value add
- Internal Audit Positioning in the GRC Landscape
- Personal Traits of a Successful Internal Auditor
- The consultancy landscape
- The role of Internal Audit in Fraud Detection & Investigation
- Internal Audit & Compliance
- Engaging the Board Audit Committee through effective reporting
The International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- Code of Ethics
- Attribute Standards
- Performance Standards
- Assurance & Consulting Services
- Implementation Standards
- Practice Advisories
Leading the Internal Audit Team
- Leadership Skills
- Handling difficult auditees
- Managing strategic conflicts with Key Stakeholders
- Recruiting the right auditors
- Internal Auditors & the need for Strong Presentation Skills
- Winning the closing meeting!!
The Internal Audit Methodology
- Key concepts and elements of internal audit.
- High-level risk management concepts.
- Key objectives of internal control.
- Components of the COSO Framework.
- Role of Internal Audit in Corporate Governance.
Risk Assessment & Internal Audit Planning
- Risk Assessment & Internal Audit Planning in a Dynamic Environment
- Objectives of the risk assessment process.
- Different types of risk assessment methodologies.
- The objective of internal audit planning.
- Resource allocation
Business Process Understanding & Development of Audit Program
- Understanding the Process
- Conducting Process Interviews
- Identification of process risks and controls
- Developing the Risk & Control Matrix (RACM)
- The Audit program and its purpose.
- Consequences of incomplete audit programs.
- Key requirements to be included in an audit program.
- Testing control design versus operating effectiveness
Executing the Audit Program
- Perform testing for the assigned process.
- Sample selection
- Why is detailed testing and analysis necessary?
- Describe the elements of an effective work paper.
- Identify when data analysis should be used.
- Execute an audit program, including the development and documentation of issue sheets.
- Effectively communicate findings to Audit Management.
Developing the Internal Audit Report and Conducting the Closing Meeting
- Prepare an Internal Audit finding.
- Understand how feedback is obtained
- Conduct the Closing Meeting
- Perform audit file closure procedures.
- The art of report writing
- Delivering the right message
- Writing the audit committee report
Mr. Mohamad Kaissi, Head of Internal Audit at Banque Misr Liban (BML) in Beirut, Lebanon.
Mohamad is a Certified Internal Auditor with experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management, Compliance & AML and Corporate Governance.
He is currently the president of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (Lebanon Chapter) and is a former governor of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Lebanon Chapter.
Mohamad previously worked with both Deloitte Enterprise Risk Services (ERS) in the Middle East and Ernst & Young Business Risk Services (BRS) in Doha, Qatar.
He is also a professional trainer and speaker on matters related to Compliance, AML, Governance, Fraud, Risk and Internal Audit.
For more information and registration kindly send an email to: [email protected]