IT GOVERNANCE IN THE AGE OF COVID 19 & BEYOND
Date: 6-8 September 2021 | From 12:00 to 14:00 LEBANON TIME /GMT+3
After more than a year and half in COVID -19 crisis, the uncertainty , and economy slow down, IT budget is kept for only the survival matters, is it the right time to talk about IT governance!? It is true that the economy is not at its best state, businesses, almost in all countries, are affected, cost cutting mode and survival mode might be the right description of today’s situation.
In addition to the above, adds questions such , how to maintain business continuity, what are the best practices during and post COVID-19, how to balance between business survival? cost cutting? Offering online services? Looking for new technological ways to solve business issues? Digital transformation?
The best approach to address all those pain points is to have an effective IT governance framework, which balances the value delivery for business, the cost and the risks.
This workshop aims to:
• raise awareness and provide participants with in-depth knowledge aimed at building solid information and technology governance by explaining the principles, standards and best practices, as well as reviewing practical cases.
• Drive the digital transformation by adopting a robust IT governance framework
• Coming out with a clear vision of information and technology governance that will help in adopting it and establishing regulatory controls in this field.
• Raising awareness for members of bank boards of directors and executive team.
• Familiarity with governance standards and their applications, which helps boards of directors and executive management each to carry out their respective role.
• Share and discuss the most affected IT functions in COVID-19 crisis, Post COVID-19 lessons learned in business continuity, information security, and information system development practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Managers and heads of units of departments.
• Personnel in the field of information and computer management.
• Managers and staff of operating and customer service departments.
• Web site supervisors and those involved in knowledge management and electronic management.
• Personnel in information security departments.
• Personnel in legal departments.
• Personnel in the Compliance Department.
• Personnel in risk management.
• Personnel in the Internal Audit Department.
• Boards of directors and executive team.
MAIN TOPICS AND AGENDA:
• Early Signs of Poor (or lack of) IT governance
• The basis of IT governance
• The business – Information and Technology alignment challenges
• the most affected IT functions in COVID-19 crisis
• The State of IT Governance Survey
• Realizing the expected Benefit from IT related investment
• The Full economic life cycle of IT enabled investment
• The IT governance and the digital transformation
• Design factors for successful IT governance implementation
• Improving Cyber security Capability in Information and Technology Governance framework
• IT Governance quick wins and challenges
• IT Governance Industry Practices, Standards and Frameworks
• IT Governance post COVID-19 lessons learned
• The State of IT Governance Survey results and discussion
MR. ABDO CHALHOUB, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT FOR EPMO & ICT PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AT PATH SOLUTIONS.
• Holder of an Electrical Engineering degree, in addition to COBIT 2019, CGEIT, CISA, CISM, CDPSE, CSX, PMP, PRINCE2 Foundation professional certifications.
• Abdo has over 30 years of experience in managerial ICT positions in international and regional markets. He previously held senior positions at Cisco Systems – USA, UNDP Lebanon and Texas Instruments-PACC Lebanon.
• Former President of ISACA Lebanon Chapter, he is currently a Board Member.
• Over 10 years instructor at the Lebanese American University (LAU) in Beirut-Lebanon, courses covered Information Security Management and Information System Auditing.
• Accredited trainer and public speaker in international, regional, and local conferences organized by the Union of Arab Banks, Lebanese Association of Banks, Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie, Lebanese American University (LAU), American University of Beirut (AUB), Institute for Finance and Governance of École Supérieure des Affaires (ESA), ISACA, PMI, and others on a variety of topics including IT Governance, IT Management, Information Security, Cybersecurity, ISO 27001, Project Management and many others.
• Accredited trainer for IT Governance (CGEIT, COBIT 2019 and COBIT 5), information Systems Auditing (CISA), and Information Security Management (CISM).
For more information and registration kindly send an email to: email@example.com