PRACTICAL ASPECTS OF DIGITAL FINANCIAL SERVICES
(FINTECH – BLOCKCHAIN…)
18 – 20 October 2021 | From 12:00 to 15:00 LEBANON TIME /GMT+3
Financial technology (FinTech), is rapidly transforming financial services and changing the current business and banking models to a new one. A market overview from IndustryArc estimates a compound annual growth rate of 10% to 12% through 2025 in the digital financial services.
Understanding market drivers, challenges, trends, and key players is essential for all aspects of operational strategy. This three-day program is designed to give you a foundation in fintech and its components, including:
• Digital finance tools
• Personal banking
• Blockchain and cryptocurrency
• Machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI)
The main objectives of the course are:
• understand the technologies that are transforming banking and finance and develop your own strategy to put fintech solutions to work in your organization.
• Understand the applications of ML (Machine Learning), Digital Distributed Ledger and FinTech in risk management and credit scoring.
• Understand the requirements of laws within fintech focusing on the privacy laws and regulation.
The main topics of the course are:
• Learn about the evolution of financial technologies within financial services
• Propose a technological solution for current banks to improve inefficiencies
• Learn about the applications of artificial intelligence & machine learning in developing the banking services
• Examine the requirements, processes, challenges, and opportunities within lending markets
• Discuss the Applications of Machine Learning in Fintech; Risk Management and Credit Scoring
• Explain the nature and application of Digital Distributed Ledger: Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
Any bank employee in the senior-level or anywhere else, any employee of IT, risk management, e-channels, digital innovation, operations, banking & customer services, compliance, and audit sectors.
LANGUAGE OF THE COURSE:
• The material is in English. • The presentations are in English and Arabic.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
Learn about the strengths and inefficiencies of the current banking landscape as well as the evolution of financial technologies within financial services.
• Identify existing functions within banks
• Uncover potential inefficiencies and liabilities of fintech
• Propose a tech solution for an existing bank function to improve inefficiencies
Explore the switch from digital banking to smart banking, and how banks are offering products and services based on individual customer needs. gives very sharp global case studies in various innovation areas such as: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), Chatbots, Blockchain, Big-data Analytics, Internet of Things (IOT), Open Banking, FinTech’s, AR (Augmented Reality) / Virtual Reality (VR), Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, social media Banking, Mobile ATM, advance Payment systems, future Banking Illustration etc.
• Understand benefits and disadvantages of fintech according to functions of each bank type
• Rate comfort level with robo-advisors providing digital financial advice and management
• Suggest factors of banking that should be tailored to customers
Examine the requirements, processes, challenges, and opportunities within lending markets, particularly the growing increase for credit among individuals and institutions. Plus, discover how fintech can be used to make lending more digital.
• Determine the best tactics to attract new customers for loans
• Rate the difficulty level of the steps involved in the lending process along with the extent of automation possible for each step
• Suggest alternative factors to evaluate default risk for an unbanked customer.
APPLICATIONS OF MACHINE LEARNING IN FINTECH; RISK MANAGEMENT & CREDIT SCORING
Focus on how machine learning and artificial intelligence can be integrated within the current financial landscape and used to improve various functions, such as the prediction of default and risk. Also, identify the limitations & opportunities for ML & AI integration in the realms of health insurance, and credit cards.
• Determine which functions would be better utilized with machine learning
• Apply the concepts and applications of ML and AI to real-world scenarios
• Utilize ML tools to analyze results and determine risk factors.
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTED LEDGER: BLOCKCHAIN AND CRYPTOCURRENCIES
Delving into the function and application of blockchain technology in the financial landscape, assess which situations would benefit from private vs. public blockchain, cryptocurrency vs. digital fiat currency, and blockchain vs. distributed ledger technology.
• Identify situations in which a blockchain or distributed ledger technology (DLT) would be useful
• Assess scenarios related to public blockchain, private blockchain, cryptocurrency, & digital fiat currency
• Apply DLT and blockchain to personal financial setting
Focus on what laws already exist within fintech and how they differ across countries. Plus, examine the risks of adopting fintech and explore data governance and privacy concerns.
• Sort risks according to whether they apply to fintech or regular financial institutions
• Determine likelihood and necessity for regulations within fintech
• Predict which functionalities will remain in banks and which will shift to an outside entity.
MR. NADER QAHOUSH, CISA,CISM,CGEIT,CRISC,CDPO
Risk management and information security consultant for a number of local and regional banking board of directors institutions.
• CEO of Chapters Consulting & Training.
• Banking executive for the central banking and risk management sector with a number of institutions implementing U.S. aid programs from 2/2020 to 2/2021.
• Worked at the Central Bank of Jordan for 25 years until 1 January 2020, and during the last decade has served as Head of Examiners of banking supervision department for IT Risk and Governance.
• CEO since 2008 for an international project group in the development of the control environment and legislation governing the banking sector in cooperation with many central banks in Sudan, Yemen, Libya, Bahrain, Kuwait, the United Kingdom and Russia.
• Holds a Master’s degree in Economics from the University of Jordan in 1998.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Banking & Finance from Yarmouk University in 1995, with a first honors degree.
• Holds a Platinum Fellowship & several international professional certificates in governance, IT audit, risk management & project management
(CISA,CISM,CGEIT,CRISC) from the Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA) in the United States of America.
• Chief Data Protection Officer (CDPO).
• Author of the book “Internet Banking” which published by the Arab Scientific Publishers, Inc. – Beirut, 2000.
• Trainer and lecturer at local, Arab and international conferences on banking legislation, supervision, risk management, auditing and governance
For more information and registration kindly send an email to: email@example.com