Practical Implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards 9 (IFRS9)
in Light of Covid 19
DATE: 28–30 September 2020 | From 12:00 – 15:00 LEBANON TIME / GMT+3
The shift to expected Credit Loss accounting frameworks is an important step forward in resolving the weaknesses identified during previous crisis. This workshop will highlight practical considerations in the implementation of IFRS9. It will discuss proposed policy considerations related to the regulatory treatment of accounting provisions, and the high-level measures introduced by supervisors to influence how ECL methodologies can be applied under the current Covid-19 pandemic.
On completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
– Describe the main features of the new impairment methodologies under IFRS9
– Discuss the impact of provision recognition on regulatory capital.
– Recognize main principles of a sound expected credit loss (ECL) framework
– Discuss What influences the inclusion of provisions in Regulatory Capital
– Describe current developments in the calculation of ECL taking into account the current development related to Covid-19.
1. Expected Loss methodologies
2. Staging and existing loan grading systems
3. Various practices in accounting provisioning:
o General and specific provisions
4. Rating methodologies
5. Variability in the recognition of regulatory provisioning
6. The proposed Standardized Regulatory Expected Loss:
– Treatment of Non-defaulted exposures
– Treatment of Defaulted exposures
7. Impact of Expected Credit Loss accounting on regulatory capital
8.Treatment of shortage and excess of provisions
Who should attend?
• Financial Comptrollers
• Accounting Officers
• Risk Managers
• Credit Risk Officers
• Internal Auditors
• Compliance Officers
• IFRS9 AS a countercyclical measure
• The new model of provisioning
Session 2: Modelling Credit Risk
Session 1: ECL Methodologies
Session 2: ECL Methodologies – Numerical exercises
Session 1: Internal rating considerations
Session 2: Regulatory treatment of accounting provisions Covid-19 policy response
One of the most important experts accredited by Union of Arab Banks.
For more information and registration kindly send an email to: email@example.com