Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are among the most affected sectors by the repercussions of COVID-19, despite the fact that there is still uncertainty about the full impact of this unprecedented crisis on the global economy and its repercussions on different sectors, which has already led to considerable negative economic and social developments.
Although there is a general agreement that this crisis is the deepest and the most influential one, there is great potential to record positive outcomes, which could contribute to the growth of the SMEs sector in light of the digital age, especially in parallel with the many measures and initiatives pursued by governments, central banks, and other institutions to face the pandemic.
Hence, the importance of this conference emerges from highlighting the initiatives and strategic measures adopted by governments, central banks, and other institutions to confront the pandemic, the role of SMEs in achieving the sustainable development goals in the light of the digital age, the successive technological developments that provided many supportive opportunities to facilitate SMEs financing, and from addressing the challenges arising from the pandemic.
• Discussing the role of SMEs in achieving the sustainable development goals
• Highlighting governments and central banks measures and initiatives to support
SMEs during COVID-19 crisis, and their impact
• Discussing the opportunities and challenges facing SMEs financing in light of
• Presenting digital banking services provided to SMEs
• Highlighting the mechanisms of green financing for SMEs and their role in supporting sustainable development
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
• Governments and central banks measures and initiatives and their impact on supporting SMEs during COVID-19 crisis
• The role of SMEs in achieving sustainable development goals
• Green finance for SMEs to support sustainable development goals
• Vision 2030 concerning the future gap of SMEs financing
• Innovation, entrepreneurship, and start-up support
• I-Score: SME Grading
• SME Credit risk management during Covid-19 pandemic
• Alternative credit assessment systems for SMEs in the digital age
• Artificial Intelligence Applications and Digital Financing Mechanisms for
SMEs: opportunities and challenges
• Supply chain finance for SMEs in the digital age
• Promoting digital financial inclusion and its role in women empowerment
• Presenting working papers and holding in-depth discussion sessions by a well-known and distinguished group of experts from the banking and financial sectors.
• Organizing an exhibition accompanying the conference’s activities, including sponsoring institutions, which constitutes an opportunity to establish and develop business relations.
• Leaders of Arab banks and SMEs financing institutions
• International and regional institutions, banks, and agencies supporting SMEs
• Institutions supporting innovation and entrepreneurship
• Managers and staff of SMEs sector in banks
• Managers and staff of SMEs credit risk departments
• Credit, follow-up, and legal department’s staff
• Managers and staff of inspection and internal control departments
• Executive directors of civil society organizations concerned with SMEs
• Investors and entrepreneurs interested in building economic relations and expanding business networks
• Chambers of Commerce and Industry
• Representatives of Investment Authorities
$750 /UAB Members $900/ Non – UAB Members